Free Shipping On Orders Over £15

News RSS



Types of Plastics

Types of plastics Plastic comes in many different types, shapes and colours. There are seven standard types of Plastic, namely - #1 PETE or PET, #2 HDPE, #3 V or PVC, #4 LDPE, #5 PP, #6 PS and #7 Miscellaneous Plastics. The first category PETE or PET (Polyethylene Terephthalate) is the most commonly used plastic, found in most beverage bottles and packaging. They are generally safe, although continual use of them can lead to bacteria forming on the plastic from the liquid contained within them. This plastic is recyclable, it is squashed and shredded into small flakes that are then either spun into polyester fibers or reprocessed to make new PET bottles. The fibers are used to make carpets, pillow...

Continue reading



Climate Change

Climate change and Global Warming For years scientists have supported that climate change and global warming is in fact real and is happening to our planet right now, one of the worst parts is that humans are the ones responsible this time. In simple words, climate change throws the natural system of our planet out of balance, and this can have devastating effects. Changes in climate patterns were first observed in the 20th century and have been attributed to increasing levels of greenhouse gases (specifically carbon dioxide, CO2), that are produced from human actions such as the burning of fossil fuels. When CO2 is released into the earths atmosphere it hangs around creating a “blanket”, which entraps the sunlight entering....

Continue reading



Water Scarcity

Water Scarcity Water scarcity is major and unreported issue of the world; it is the lack of fresh water resources to meet the water demand of the world’s population. In 2019 the World Economic Forum listed it as one of the biggest global risks in terms of potential impact over the next decade. As we know, 70% of our planet is covered by water. From this only something like 0.014% is fresh water and easily accessible to us. 97% of the remaining water is salt water and 3% is hard for us to access. Theoretically the amount of fresh water on the planet should be sufficient on a global scale. However, due to factors like climate change, resulting in some...

Continue reading



Plastic Patches

Plastic Garbage Patch As we are all well aware, plastic has become a major part of our daily lives over the past century. There are many different forms of plastic out there, and plastic is now used in nearly everything; from everyday food packaging to polymer implants and medical devices all the way to automobile parts and spacecraft’s. Over the years the use of plastic has increased immensely, but unfortunately the recycling of it is still poor. It takes about 500 years for plastics to decompose in landfills, but another problem also arises when plastics end up in our oceans, a whole 8 million metric tonnes of it, each year! This plastic waste that enters the sea each year can...

Continue reading



A little about Industrial Hemp

A little about Hemp…  Hemp has been used in the “fashion industry” for centuries, in fact it was one of the first plants to be spun into usable fibres. Industrial hemp and cannabis both derive from the species Cannabis Sativa, meaning “useful hemp” and contain the psychoactive component THC. However, they are distinct species and industrial hemp contains lower concentrations of THC and higher concentrations of cannabidiol, which nearly eliminates its psychoactive effects.   As well as clothing and fabrics, fibres produced from hemp have also been used to produce ropes, shoes, household accessories, paper and even building materials. It was also commonly used to create sail canvas. Interestingly enough the word “canvas” is derived from the word Cannabis. It...

Continue reading